Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Punny Valentine - College Care Package


Our congregation has a program where families can adopt a college student for the school year.  We are asked to encourage them throughout the year with prayers, cards, care packages, messages on social media--generally whatever we are comfortable with.

We adopted a young man whom we have known for a long time who is a senior.  With Valentine's Day approaching, I thought we could send him a little care package, ya know, "show the love". :)
When I started looking for valentine ideas for guys, all I seemed to find were gifts and cards for a boyfriend or hubby.  That was just a little too romantic for what we were aiming for, and anything funny seemed inappropriate as well.  I also wanted to send some practical items along with some of his favorites and of course, something silly.

As is tradition now at our house, valentines must be punny.
So, I did some googling, and walked through a store or two, and came up with the following list of punny phrases and items.
Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut out hearts and hand-wrote the notes on each one.  Maybe when I have more time and experience, I will do this with the print and cut features of the Cameo, but I kinda like the handwritten part.


THE LIST:
You have been o-fish-ally heart-attacked! (Goldfish) 
We wheelie like you! (Hot Wheels in school colors)
You are all write in our book! (pen)
You are looking sharp! (Sharpies)
For nacho average guy (Doritos)
Yoda best! (Yoda)
You da balm! (Carmex lip balm)
We think you are Extra special! (Extra gum)
We love any raisin to be punny! (yogurt covered raisins)
We hope that in Subway we made you laugh!  (Subway gift card)

Our niece stayed with us the night after I shipped this box, so I "heart-attacked" her as well, since she loves puns.  She was also headed out on a youth retreat for the weekend, and I knew she would NEED a candy supply.   Unfortunately, I did not get a photo of the candy that I left on her bed, so you will have to use your imagination:

Lemon tell you something....(Box of Lemonheads)
You are beary special and.....(Haribou gummy bears)
You are o-fish-ally our favorite valentine!  (Swedish Fish)

I hope that you have had a happy Valentine's Day doing whatever you love!





1 comment: