Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Boo Boo Bunny

                            
I found the instructions for making Boo Boo Bunnies many years ago in a book.  I used it then as a craft for the children that I was babysitting.  Now I include them as part of a baby shower gift.  They are so easy!  The idea is that when a little one has a boo-boo, you can grab the ice cube out of the freezer and pop it in the bunny and hold it against the boo-boo.

Materials needed:
One washcloth
Reusable ice cube
Ribbon

I have found that the thin cheaper washcloths work better for these.   The reusable ice cubes can be found at Bed Bath and Beyond or probably any kitchen-y type store.

First, open the washcloth, turn it so that it looks like a diamond, and start rolling it up from the corner like this: (Sorry for the white on white. It's what I had handy.)
Continue rolling until you have one long roll like this:
Then fold it in half like this: (It won't stay together this close, I had to tape it to take the picture)
Then flip the front two ends back like this: (yep, tape again)

If you use a thicker washcloth, you might want to use a rubber band to hold it still while you tie the ribbon around its "head" and fluff the ears, but with the thinner cloths, I can just hold it and tie it tight:
The last step is to drop in the ice cube in the body of the bunny:

And now you have a really cute adder for a baby shower gift that only took minutes to make!



No comments:

Post a Comment