Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Andi's Angle Archives: March 2000

Whew!  Sometimes things look easy until you try them.  Standing on a cable 25 feet above Mother Earth, I was thinking just that—it looked a lot easier from the ground.  In the midst of my frustration with trying to get the cable to stop wobbling, I heard a voice “C’mon, Andi; you can do it.  Grab the ropes higher. It won’t wobble as much.”  Putting my trust into my spotter, 10 year old Jennifer Mobley, I grabbed higher on the ropes and continued to inch my way to the end of the cable.  We are instructed to listen to our spotters the entire time we are on the high ropes course at Bear Creek, so I did just that.  Since she had already completed it, I trusted what she was telling me to do.  She had made it just fine, so I rationalized that I would make it too.

Thinking about that experience, it makes me realize that Christ serves as our “spotter” through everyday challenges.    He’s “been there, done that” in regard to what we go through here on earth.  He was tempted by the lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, and the pride of life; just as we are today.   In Hebrews 2:9-18 the writer expounds upon the sacrifice that Christ made to come to earth and states that Christ is able to help those who are tempted because he came and suffered and was tempted also.  He has an understanding of our day to day struggles.  He also directs us and advises us, if we choose to listen to Him.  If we don’t listen to Him, we may not handle our problems correctly, or it may take us longer to resolve the problem.

So when you get into a situation and you don’t know what to do, go to the Bible and see what your “spotter” has to say.  Odds are good that He will guide you through it to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment