Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Andi's Angle Archives: October 2000

Driving home one evening, I noticed several For Sale signs in front of houses along the road.  I began reminiscing about my house-hunting days, especially when I would see a house that looked great on the outside with a nice yard, and then when I would look at the inside, I was shocked.  Hideous "what were they thinking?" wallpaper, poor maintenance, and an impractical floor plan are just a few of the things I remember that changed my mind about moving into several places at which I looked.  

 I began thinking about I Corinthians 3:16 where our bodies are described as the temple of God and a dwelling place for God.   We are constantly trying to make the outside of our "temple" look good to those around us.  We exercise, diet, and spend a great deal of time and money on our looks to make ourselves look attractive to others.  We may feel good about ourselves when we do this, but it is only a temporary good feeling if the inside of our temple is a mess. We cannot expect to fix what is wrong on the inside by constantly working on the outside. 

God sees the inside of our temples and everything that is there--our hideous wallpaper and rusty pipes and termites.  He loves us and wants to help us get our temple in proper order, on the inside as well as the outside.  Besides, if He is going to dwell within us, don't you think He wants a nice place to hang out in?

No comments:

Post a Comment